“This book has taken me to
my good old days of Brand Management in the eighties. Roles and
responsibilities kept on changing, but the brand management element remained
always close to my heart; as truly so as the brand management is the core of
the marketing management. This aspect vividly comes out in this book”. O.P. Arya – Managing Director, Zydus Hospira
“‘What the Pharma CEO Wants from the Brand Manager’ captures the whole gamut of brand management and helps the budding Brand Managers to understand the nuances of their responsibility. It is equally helpful to the experienced Brand Managers to reinforce their strengths and skills to be aligned with today's changing scenario." K. Hari Ram – Managing Director, Galderma (India)
“With his many years of “living the brands”, Vivek Hattangadi has written a book intended to help brand managers understand the discipline of brand management and guide them, step by step, through the process of becoming brand leaders. This book is recommended reading to anybody in marketing or simply interested in brands”. - Arun Prasad M.S. Senior Director, Global Generics, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories.
“‘What the Pharma CEO Wants from the Brand Manager’ is indeed a novel idea and first of its kind book for the pharmaceutical brand managers in India. The contents of this hand book cover substantial aspects of Brand Management and importantly also focuses on the importance of field work by brand managers. A must read for every brand manager, whether a novice or a veteran”. Surendra Sharma–Executive Director, Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
"‘What the Pharma CEO Wants from the Brand Manager’ is a must read for new entrants in product management and even useful for all those who wish to revisit the basics of pharmaceutical marketing. Chapters/Sections on self analysis, forecasting and brand plan are good. These can make every brand manager introspect/revisit on his current work." – Satish Dandekar, Sr. Vice President, Ipca Laboratories Ltd.
“This book, ‘What the Pharma CEO Wants from the Brand Manager’ represents a candid expression of long experience on the specific subject dear to Vivek Hattangadi”. – Training Director, Carreograph Institute of Management Studies, Kolkata, affiliate of Vidyasagar University.
Five reasons to read this book:
1. This book has 13 case studies drawn from the authors 30 years experience in the pharma industry both in brand management and field sales management
2. For beginners or those from sales management who desire to further their career in brand management, the book gives guidelines to become a successful brand manager.
3. For field sales managers, it gives an insight into the job functions of a brand manager which will help him in better strategy execution.
4. For veteran brand managers, reading this book is an opportunity to revisit the basics of brand management. It will also help help them to do a self-analysis to know whether they are on the right track while building a brand.
5. Brand managers at a junior level who read this book will be less stressed in their day-today functions as they will know precisely what to do and what to avoid.
This book has been lauded both my marketing gurus and students of brand management.
This is what the marketing guru Mr. Subba Rao Chaganti (Visiting Faculty at School of Management Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University and former Marketing Director, Sun Pharma) has to say: “It is very well written and gives the product manager in the IPM the much needed clarity and understanding. I particularly liked the way you structured the book around the expectations of the CEO. That makes it a must-read!”
And this what Bhushan Bhaskarwar a second year student
of pharmaceutical management at I.E.S. College, Mumbai, has to say: “I read the
book sir. It is awesome. Especially, the case studies are really very good. I have
already recommended this book to my friends.
After having sold over a 1000 copies of this book, my second book was been released : "PHARMA FIRST-LINE LEADER TO CEO: THE ROADMAP TO SUCCESS". Over 3000 copies have already been sold!
1. Amazon - Please do log on to:
2. Pothi.com - Please do log on to:
3. Flipkart - Please do log on to: